- Avoid complicated prints and patterns (and strong stripes) as they will draw the attention away from your face.
- Ideally wear simple design in one colour. You can always add a splash of different colour with an accessory.
- Figure hugging clothes are better than baggy ones – for all body types.
- (Mostly for women) ;-) Check that your bra is suitable for your top, i.e. doesn’t show through, doesn’t poke out where you don’t want it to, etc.
- Have clean hair and wear it in the style that you are used to. Don’t try something completely new for the photo shoot – you may not like how it looks.
- If you have your hair cut or dyed for the shoot, do it at least a few days before the shoot, just in case it doesn’t turn out as you thought it would.
- If you pluck your eyebrows, have them tidied the day before rather than just before your shoot so that the skin has time to settle.
- Check that your fingernails are clean and tidy. No chipped nail varnish.
- (Mostly for men) ;-) If you are prone to ‘five o’clock shadow’ and want to look clean-shaven, don’t forget to shave a few hours before your shoot.
The day before:
- Avoid alcohol in the evening
- Have a good rest so that you will feel awake, refreshed and relaxed on the day, which will make you look your best in your photos!