I often get asked “What should I wear for my portrait photo shoot?” by my clients – that is, if I haven’t had a chance yet to tell them that I will send them my “How to prepare for your portrait shoot” PDF as soon as they have booked their session!
Here are my tips on how to prepare for a photo shoot with me:
1) Bring a few changes of clothes with you – at least three different tops, and also trousers/skirts/dresses if you’d like full length or 3/4 length photos.
2) Avoid strongly patterned clothes, and especially stripes, as they can distract from your face which is the most important part of a portrait. Simple, classic style in one colour is the best for a portrait.
The following tips are especially for women:
3) Make sure that you have a matching bra with every top/dress, to avoid situations where you can’t wear a top because the bra you are wearing shows through where you don’t want it to show.
4) Make sure your under arms are neat if you bring tops/dresses that expose that area from the side.
5) Figure hugging clothes are better than baggy ones, for ALL body types.
And lastly, for everyone:
6) Make sure that you have clean and tidy fingernails, and no chipped nail varnish.
7) If you pluck your eyebrows, have them plucked/tidied up a couple of days before the photo shoot.
8) Avoid alcohol the evening before your shoot and have a good rest the night before so that you’ll feel awake, fresh and relaxed on the day, which will make you look your best in your photos!
To book a portrait shoot with Katariina, call 07951-635802 or send an email.
Are you often disappointed when you see yourself in photos?
Do you panic inside when someone points a camera at you?
Read my Posing Guide for Women and learn how to look your absolute best in photos, every time.
Click on the image below to download now!
Have a peak at the portrait photography pages: http://lighttrick.co.uk/portrait-photography/